Johnny Wishbone

Bass color pattern

Johnny,I' sure you'll find a few different answers.I assume you are airbrushing??? I base coat mine white then cover with white pearl...I use a homebrew of 1/2 med.grn and 1/2 gold pearl...mist lightly over back and a little more than halfway down the sides thru netting...then mist olive drab green over back and slightly down shoulders...then (mist) black on back and on lateral splotches I use a stencil(homemade out of thin plastic) misting black on them.Add red gill if desired and eyes.Ready to swim!!! The key to doing lifelike baits is to paint enough to give it color,not to look like its painted.Good Luck and have fun!

If there was one bit of advice I could give you it would be to learn to "blend" paints. Put up a pic of the fish you want to paint and then start spraying with lighter colors first, then over the top with darker paints. If it starts getting too dark, come back over the top with a lighter color again. This will provide you with the most realistic results and it's quite amazing just how real you can make some lures look. Good luck.

jed v.

colors needed: Olive,black,pearl,inference gold chameleon or interference gold, dark forest green Spray the entire body with pearl, spray olive on shoulders and back, blend dark forest green with the olive back paying special attention to the back area, use a stencil to spray out the black centerline and small black dots on the belly and back area. Cover the bait with netting and scale the back and sides with with the gold interference a couple of times. You can put a gill plate on the side as well depends upon your preference

These are a couple that I did for a client on Zoom Sweet Peas

sweetpeabass.jpg