VMAXX

airbrush question

first let me say this is a great site and i've learned alot just reading thru the otherpost,I started trying to make crankbaits this past winter and it's been going ok but my painting is not so good,I'm using a badger model 200 single action internal mix brush and cannot seem to be able to get the finer spray I need would a dual action brush help ? I've attached a pic if i've done it right.Sorry I don't have a camera just a scanner the picture quality is comparable to my paint job !

Thanks hughesy,the VL1 is what im considering, I think one of my biggest problems is I get kinda excited and get in a hurry as evident of my eye's and spot Im using a wood dowel rod for them and it's not very consistent for me(one time perfect the next time big and sloppy) maybe since im still pretty new in this I can tone down the excitment and learn to take my time but for now it's get em done and in the water!

Nice work, especially given the brush you used. Paasche is the way to go, but you might consider buying the Milennium...it uses same needles, cones, etc as the VL but is a little nicer to handle, seems a little smoother. I use mostly Milennium/VL in size #3, and #1. #5 is good for base coating. Also use a "V" brush for fine detail and blending.

flat2_multi_shad.jpg

flat2_multi_shad.jpg

flat2_multi_shad.jpg

flat2_multi_shad.jpg

flat2_multi_shad.jpg

flat2_multi_shad.jpg

flat2_multi_shad.jpg

flat2_multi_shad.jpg

164_thumb.attach

Thanks to all,I've talked with you before Dave you had given me some info on my wire and been kind enough to take the time to e-mail me some drawings on how to get started a couple of months ago,if I can catch on to the painting part and get 1/3 as good as your all's baits look I'll be pretty happy,thank's again to all

VMAXX,

I know exactly what you're going through brother. I've started a few months ago making my own crankbaits and I get that same excited feeling!!! I gotta say that carving, painting and putting these small works of art together is a great accomplishment.

No matter how my little works of art turn out, I still feel PROUD! We can only get better with time :)