auburn fisheries dude

dot making Q

For dots, I don't even bother trying to paint them. I bought a few different size hole punches from a scrap booking place and punch them out of black vinyl tape (I don't use regular electrician's tape as it tends to stick in the punch too much).

The best tape I've found so far is just a thin, vinyl masking tape that I spray with black. One sheet yields countless dots of all different sizes! The dots are far more uniform, too if that's your thing.

-Danny

Kb,

You can find it at Jann's and also at lots of auto paint stores. Jann's is the easiest to come by in sheets, though. The stuff works great, just paint it black and punch out a ton of holes.

As I've said, it's far better than electrical tape as it doesn't bunch up and stick to itself. The backing is there. I usually just paint a strip and punch out as many holes as I can get and keep them in old 35mm film canisters. I write on each canister what size dot it is and just grab what I need.

-Danny

If you still want to paint your eyes on.....try this and do NOT thin the paint!!!!

get a dowell rod that fits comfortable between your thumb and index finger. Get some nails, the ones with the "flat head" and some finish nails. Hammer each nail into a seperate dowell. Now you have one for the eye and one for the pupil. dip the nail head in the paint and touch the paint to the lure. DO NOT push down to where the nail head hits the lure. You want it to almost puddle so it makes a round mark. After the eye is dry you can go back and dot the pupil.

Also this subject has a bunch in the search section.

Tally