clyde

crank bait bills

I am looking for some bills that are on the hott lipps lures,does anyone have any ideal on where to find them.i have looked at jann`s netcraft an they dont have them.

Clyde....if you can't find them you can make them pretty easy. Doesn't take alot of tools but a band saw / scroll saw, belt sander will help out a bunch. Of course you will need to make yourself a stencil of the lip. That won't be hard to do either especilaly if you are willing to tear up one bait to get the lip. There is a really good tutorial on how to make your own lips which will shed some light on it. Good luck and just yell if you need help.

There is enough information on this site from the first year it was up to make beautiful crankbaits from start to finish. Much of it was written by some of the best in the business that are no longer here. Too many folks spend their time in the present posts. Do a search.

Skeeter

Clyde, I've seen lips similar to the LJ Hot Lips un-molded, however the order count is in the 20k+ range if I recall correctly. Making a custom template for this lip is a possibility, however it would be difficult at best to exactly replicate a 2-3 stage lip and the 50-60 degree angle. Its worth a shot though. Good luck with it.