Dweller

Air Brushing

Dweller,

I am a Rookie just like you and I just laid down some serious cash on a Iwata Eclipse Airbrush and a Iwata Silver Jet Compressor. I spent about 365 bucks total...Heck for all I know I got screwed. I dont have a clue what type or # of the needle I got that it came with. All I know is I control the pressure gauge on the compressor and the less the pressure the less paint that comes out and it helps with draw back after I switch colors. I have no idea if this is what your talking about but I thought I might give me 2 cents for what its worth. I just picked up airbrush for the first time two days ago! But I did sleep in a Holiday INN LAST NIGHT!!!! And I use Createx paint. The guy at Hobby Lobby told me to since it is already premix with thinner.

The Rookie

I have never tried the #1 with c-tex. I use a #3 w/c-tex and a #5 with the cheaper paints you have to thin yourself. Not sure if that is the proper method but it works for me.

For your overspray problem, try bringing down the pressure and/or reducing the amt. of paint that is coming out.

I would also think you can get the paint to thin. If you get it to thin it will run due to the pressure before it adheres. If you are using c-tex try shooting it without thinning it at all. I have found you rarely have to thin c-tex. Sometimes but not often.

createx is a water based paint that can be cut (thinned) with water. You want it the consistency of milk. I screen all my paints before I use them. I squeeze the paint through a pantie hose. They also sell screens for this. This will allow you to work with the smaller needle. To get thinner lines work with less air pressure. Createx sells a bonding agent. Add 4 drops per 4 oz and it will bond better. Practice practice practice.

hi!i use some ceatex paint some times and I have no problem at all!!I have a iwata eclipse and a badger 100 air brush.at first I add some trouble!!!Juste like you!The thing is that you need to thin the paint(some times)use less air,more air.......and the more important!!!!!practice,practice and practice...........Air brush is an art!!!You cant do everything right at first but whit some practice you will be able to make a nice paint job!!!

Cheers.muskydan666

is the createx auto air a water base as well. I saw that some guys were thining with a solution. Got confused when I saw the term "extender". As I understand the brush people use the extender to dip the brush in and apply two colors (double load the brush) the paints flow together. I bought some delta ceramcoat acrylic thinner to thin paints with. I am still having problems with clogging. I'm new and find I can shot a little and have to clean often or I plug.

I found a formula for a home made thinner posted by Blackjack. Is anyone using it or have feedback.

95% distilled water

5% rubbing alchol

.5 drops dish soap (not sure if this is 1/2 a drop of dish soap or 5 drops)

He did not give a total volume being made IE 2 fl oz

Iwata Eclipse Nozzle sizes

All Eclipse are a .5 nozzle

The only one that isnt, is the gravity feed CS. Which is a .35.

Go to dixieart.com....or coastairbrush.com...it is spelled out.

I wouldnt go under a .35 for spraying Acrylics... you will have to thin the best of paints. Unless you like thinning...

Going off memory but I think those nozzle numbers are correct. The CS gravity feed is for sure a smaller nozzle, than the siphon feed Eclipses.

The high dollar Iwata's are really not designed for spraying acrylics.