CShaver8

Meijers Airbrush Kit

hey guys....

I stumbled upon an airbrush kit at Meijers the other day and thought about buying it.....

It has a can of air as propelant, came with 8 different paints, and an airbrush for $25. It was half off, originally $50, and was in the model car section.

what do you guys think? I am not going to spend aroudn $150 for a quality airbrush, as I only paint a few baits. I had been using spray paint to do just basic paintjobs,b ut owuld like to be able to get a bit more detailed.

I used an airbrush with propel cans years ago. Very frustrating. You are better off sticking with the spray cans or picking up a decent brush and compressor. If you are only doing a few baits for yourself, no reason to not use spray cans. Not like the fish really care how good the paint job is.

Andrew

I used a testors detailing set up during college in the dorm (12 years ago). It worked just fine and honestly gave good results. As far as the propellant can I just filled my sink with warm water and never had a problem. Only negative was unscrewing the propellant always managed to get that horrible "mustard gas" additive to prevent huffing taste. It worked fine until I stepped on it, lol. I could never get close to the results using rattle cans when compared to that cheap testors set.

The first brush I used was a $20 Badger syphon brush with a can of Propel CO2. Worked just fine and the larger cans of Propel will do quite a few crankbaits (15+). I got the Propel at Michael's craft stores during their frequent 1/2 off sales. It won't do any detail work but you can do basic fish schemes (light belly, darker back).