BassinBob

Famowood Glaze Coat

I did buy some and use it. I took a while to set but seems to be an OK procuct. Long set time good for doing big batches I would guess. Only tried it once but going to break it out and try some different things with it. I have not run it thru the works fishing yet for durability.

It's probably similar to other "table top" epoxies like Envirotex Lite. I've used various table top epoxies but not this one. All epoxies have good hardness when fully cured. Regardless of "initial cure" time, they usually reach nominal hardness in 24 hrs and final hardness in about a week at room temperature. I can't comment on clarity, leveling, or UV resistance to yellowing.

I'm wondering if anyone has more recent feedback about this product. I searched "Famowood" in the hardbaits section and read/skimmed most of the threads and there wasn't a whole lot of feedback. I could not find anything negative though.

Glaze Coat High Build Epoxy Coating

Note: this is NOT the Famowood Duratuff polyurethane coating, but rather a 2 part epoxy designed for the same types of projects as Envirotex Lite.

It is a lot cheaper than D2T, Envirotex Lite, Dick Nites, etc.

thanks.

I just noticed that if you get the Dick Nite's banner to appear and click on it, you can get a very nice discount. I am almost certain I will try that out next since it is tried and true (and I like the idea of not have to mix two parts), but I would still like to hear feedback on the Famowood Glaze coat if anyone has experience. Thanks.