finlander

running a longer hose from compressor

I have to disagree with the pressure loss. You will not loose pressure. Pressure will stay the same from the compressor to the spray gun or what ever you are using, I have the same pressure from my compressor to anyone of the 15 airlines that are in my shop some of which are 400 feet away from the compressor. Now with that said if you are using a cheap compressor that just cant keep up you will loose pressure.

Micro, I must disagree with you on the preassure drop. I'm guessing that your shop has hard plumbed (pipe) air lines these will not show much drop in preassure. However rubber and other flexible lines will expand and stretch causing a slight drop in preassure. It will not be noticeable to all but the most sensitive equipment though as the drop will be fractions of a pound.

Thanks for the opinions. The packages are probably in 50 or 100 foot lengths. 50 foot would suffice. I have a 'pressor that has a 2 gallon tank, not much hp, prolly less than 1 hp. I can up the pressure and the outflow to the ab. Guess I'm going out into the blizzard to shop today. Where's spring?

Thanks. I had been thinking about that. I have had this compressor and ab for 15 months now and really haven't used it much. Didn't have to work today, weather too bad and not many people out shopping. Need to get this hose and get my butt to the cold basement and start spraying....brrrrrr