Rustimus

airbrush questions

Okay here's some questions from a true rookie. Working on my first paint job and its not going well. Basecoated with createx op. white-2nd coat flor. yellow-sprayed black scale-backbone black. Here's the problems-when spraying scale had a lot of overspray and some intitial spotting. Do I need to thin the paint? Air pressure is at 20-pasc. brush and finally any tips on cleaning the brush-seems to take forever. thanks guys

Generally, you don't want to spray alot of paint when doing scales through netting. Just enough to get the effect. Spray at an upward angle at all times so paint bouncing off the lure flies up instead of downward on the rest of the bait. If you're shooting too much volume at too high a pressure, turn down the pressure. I spray my netting, flash dry it with a hairdryer while still in place, then peel it off and spray a solid back and shade the paint down the shoulders to look natural. I clean my brush with plain water from a spray bottle, with the hose attached and shoot water until it's clean. But disassemble and clean it thoroughly after you're finished painting.