Joe

Key Machine

Hi Guy's , I have still not had any luck finding a copy of the Blake Gills Video, as well as no responce to my e mail. Anyway, I have heard that a key machine can be converted to use in carving lures. Does anyone have info on how this is done, as I was given an old machine to tinker with? Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe,

Sorry bout your luck with the video,

Ive heard similar things about a key cutter, but in my mind, I'm thinkin it would only do flat-sided baits/cranks. If thats what your needing then great, but if you want a fully carved lure, your gonna need to modify the machine to turn the bait & blank in tandem.

It "could" be done (hypothetically) either manually by hand, or maybe a stepper motor.

I wish I knew someone that had access to one, Id look into it. but I'd probably get run out of the local hardware store If I opened thier key-cutter & started tinkering :lol:

I'm moving this post to the "custom tools" forum. it deserves more input for sure.

Thanks

When I was looking into an automated process I found something about it . From what I remember they added a bearing type assembly to the arm that would hold the keys as it could be rotated .

As for the blade it could be converted to a small blade as for a versa pack saw , I do know they said with any blade it could only take small amounts of wood off on each pass .

Cant remember what site I saw it on . It was neat but coulnt do very big lures .