B BUG

welded rings

Ok folks, I have been swimming in the archives for about three months now and I must say that this site is awsome! I finally came to the conclusion that I had to become a part of it so that I might take my knowledge of bait (not to mention angling) to another level..

It appears as though most are in agreement that some free movement is needed at the front of a crank to get the most out of it. I have used everything from loop knots to cross lock swivels,and in the true fashion of overbuilding a lure (the TU way) I am looking for some welded rings like the ones used on solid ring swivels to put on my thru wire harness when I put the two halfs together.

I know it will be a bit of a pain to clear with this ring in the way however these baits are mostly just something for me to play with when my boy is taking his nap.

Thanks, Les

Thanks LaPala for the input. I was wondering how hard it would be to keep the ring from contacting the bait when it is on the wheel? Should I use the nose wire to connect to the wheel instead of the lip (that may be hard ), or do you think that cleaning the welded ring will be a big deal after the topcoat (devcon) has set.