Dweller

Createx Auto Air??

Does Auto air shoot better than regular Createx? I am using regular Createx and I am not happy with the results. I am having to thin it out quite a bit an then shoot it very light and keep on going over it to keep it from running. And some of the color seem to have pigment the size of quarters! There's got to be something better without going to sulvent base paints. I would like to get some feedback before I buy a bunch of paints. Thanks for the help!

dweller, I'm new but I have started using a thinner solution that Black Jack posted. Search using Black Jack and you should find the formula. I have had some good results. If you are getting big clumps from the bottle you need to use some panty hose to screen it out. Cut a piece that will go over the mouth of the bottle. Unscrew the cap.. put the panty hose over the mouth of the bottle and screw the cap back on. It is recommended to screen it again before using it in the gun. I have bought some small plastic cups with lids on them at a hobby store.

I noticed when I mixed colors and used water only that the colors seperated. Using blackjacks thinner formula will lessen the seperation.

If you are getting a lot of clogs don't feel bad I am having the same problems as well. Practice using different pressure settings and ratios of thinner to paint.

Get a piece of plexi glass lexan/acrylic to practice on.

I have the same question you have about the auto air

I think Blackjack's 'reducer/thinner/extender' solution is a good idea. I bought some Createx 4011 Reducer. It smells like alcohol and foams when you shoot it through an airbrush. So it obviously has water, alcohol and detergent in it. Wish I'd read the formula before I spent $10 on a pint of the stuff.