snooterfish

purple to violet or ....

:) i am painting a lure with a Chart. bottom 3/4 and a dark purple which fades into a light purple/violet color that meets the Chart bottom, i already have the lure painted Chart. :huh: i am stuck on how to get the top, do i paint the dark purple back, then fade the violet into the Chart or ............. , then a violet or silver scale job ???

Guys i am new and i have done my share of re- doing and sanding, i am close on this one and would appreciate any help.

:yeah: this hobby is more addictive than smoking and i love it, last night i got out of bed with an idea at 2:00 AM.

Richard

Your lure is probably already catching fish, but do what BobP said. But I think you can get a cool blend on the back by doing the purple, and a light misting of brown (very light) on the crest of the back while the purple is still wet. Not enough to turn it brown, just to darken the purple there. This will blend well and give you yet another shade of blending on the dark purple to violet.