bamabass

Rattletraps

You could also try using a spare hobby knife handle. I have quite a few just for this purpose. Just loosen the tip enough to fit your bottom hook eye, then tighten it down securely. I drill a couple of holes a sturdy 4x4 block of wood to hold my lures while I paint them. If you have a drying wheel. Attach a couple of scrap pieces of 1"1/4 with the appropriate sized holes drilled in them to it. You never have to touch the wet lures.

I am using the exacto knife handle. I found some cheap sets for .75 with the blades. Make sure the holder is not touching the lure when you epoxy. I have a couple of clamps I use and they have red plasstic on the nose. Remove the plastic on them or they will stick to your epoxy. I was able to cut off the squeez end to remove the cupped/curved/ bend so I have a flat piece of metal that fits in the exacto knife handle. I have drilled my holes in my drying wheel to match the handle. I have to put a small 1/2 wrap piece of masking tape on the handle to get a nice snug fit. The handle also fit into a handy hand/ soldering station.

I have thought about getting a pair of safety wire/twist pliers to see if I can twist a small diameter wire tight enough to the eye and then clamp onto the extended wire.

I have trouble getting epoxy around the eye sometimes. I am new so I am learning not to get into to big of a hurry. I have gotten some good finishes and then had some that had voids in the epoxy. The devcon two ton seems to set up too fast and and is not self leveling even on the drying wheel.