snooterfish

blind crankbaits

:) guys i cleared my first crankbaits and they turned out great. i showed them to the wife and she said she couldn't wait to fish with them. "i have never fished a blind crankbait" :mad: i forget to put my eyes on the lures, :huh:can i add the eyes and put another coat of clear? i know in rod building you can add another coat of epoxy, you can take a scoych brite pad and rough it before clearing again. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:teef: Richard

I would say that the fish would forgive you this time, as long as you remember in future.

The extra coat of epoxy on a 3 inch long, 3/4dia round body lure is about 1 to 1.5 grams. This equates to a fair proportion of the total weight and could seriously affect the balance of the lure.

If it bugs you ,get some adhesive eyes and slap them on. Or put in some eye dots with a Sharpie. Or paint the eyes and clearcoat just the eye area. There's lots of ways to skin this cat. What's important is ending up with a bait you are confident will catch fish.