Heath Bohman

Printing Scale Pattern

Hey guys. I'm working on reproducing some discontinued shad rap colors. They are the holographic ones that were only made for a short time. I am particularly trying to duplicate the holographic with blue back. I have holographic film, but have been trying to find a scale pattern on the net (with no success) that I could print on the film. Anybody know where I could find what I'm looking for? Thanks in advance!

If you have a program like PSP v9 making scale patterns is a fairly simple task. I was looking for a similiar product a few weeks ago on the web, but wasn't succesfull. I've since reverted to making my own scale patterns with PSP and decal paper. I'd still like to know if there's a product out there to paint masked areas for scales. If you find one please let me know.

You can purchase waterslide inkjet decal paper from this company.

http://www.beldecal.com/inkjet_decals.cfm

not familar with psp? what is that abrivated. is that an adobe photoshop plug in?

any one try setting up a flexible screen print(similar to screen printing t-shirts)

I also saw somewhere that they make a similar version that copies on to a filim using common lazer printer and the film is exposed then attached to a screen to be printed.

oh, thanks for that update. dont use that at all. I think that if the guy looking for scales patterns can find someone :) to lay them out in illustrator then you will have a much cleaner and usable file. as illustrators vector based so allows scalling the scales(that sounds strange) to any size. yes a single file would scale from an inch to ten feet with out any loss of sharpness. Im still woundering if anyone has tried the lazer printable peel and stick lables for ink screen printing? I am woundering. As I understand this would probably come the closest for a hobby person trying to realize the quality and ease of mass produced lures that are also sceen printed using special curved surface painting screens.

just a thought as I wake up.