Mr. Griz

Mr. Griz

I am old in the fishing world but now wish to joy the elite. I am interested in any input out there for materials or web sights or books on building wooden lures. Help, Help. This is only a hobby but I am willing to make a fairly large cash contribution to it. Thank you

I started with topwater baits on a lathe. This was an easy place to start to make a lure and catch a fish with. Now I'm working on crankbaits, but the knowledge of making the topwater and painting and sealing them got me started in the right direction. Practice, practice, practice, without getting discouraged. A great hobby, plus great people on this site make it fun. Spend hours on this site soaking up all you can, then try some, then ask questions. Most important make it fun for youself.

If you are looking for a step by step kind of book the best one I have come across is at. http://www.woodenluremaking.com/ I don't get anything from the sale of his eBook I just happen to have found it on the web and bought it and really enjoyed it, I even added to it. You can tell him Galindo sent you. It is mostly on turning topwater lures on the lathe but it covers the whole process with text and a lot of pictures. And when you move on to other types of lures most of the information will still be relevant there as well, like the painting and the resources for sure. He's a great guy and and readily answers emailed questions. In my opinion it is a great starting point for anyone wanting to start making wooden topwater lures. I sound like a commercial, but I am a customer and I thought it was more than worth my money.

Peter