Ted Bateman

New guy.

Hello Everyone,

I just discovered this forum through another thread on the Florida Sportsaman Forum. I used to carve balsa lures way back in the 70's strictly for my own use and kind of got out of it, but I have recently rekindled my interest. I have only carved a few cedar plugs so far but it's kind of like riding a bycicle, you never forget. Anyway I'm looking forward to reading and learning. I've been looking at a several of the pics and it is evident that there are a lot of excellent craftsmen on here.

Hello Everyone,

I just discovered this forum through another thread on the Florida Sportsaman Forum. I used to carve balsa lures way back in the 70's strictly for my own use and kind of got out of it, but I have recently rekindled my interest. I have only carved a few cedar plugs so far but it's kind of like riding a bycicle, you never forget. Anyway I'm looking forward to reading and learning. I've been looking at a several of the pics and it is evident that there are a lot of excellent craftsmen on here.

Welcome, You've come to the right place. Check out LaPala's and RowHunters carvings for starters.