Norcalbassin

Which Airbrush?

I'm thinking of getting my first airbrush but don't know the first thing about them. I'm looking for something decent that doesn't cost a fortune cause I don't have much to spend. Also, what do I have to buy to go with the airbrush to use it. I would really appreciate it if you could educate me a little.

Thanks,

Norcalbassin

If you can afford it the Iwata Eclipse is a good brush. Alot of guys will probably tell you to get a Paasche but I personally found a world of difference between the Paasche and the Iwata. An Elipse is about 80 bucks I think at DixieArt. I am using a Peak II from BearAir right now and it's good too. You will also need a compressor. The fist one I bought was too small and kicked on all the time. The one I have now is about 30 gallons and it was about 100 dollars I think, works great. You might look for one at a pawn shop, second hand store. You might look for the brush on Ebay...just a thought. Get your paints at Wal-Mart...water based, cheap, thin with water to milk-like consistency. One other thing, empty the compressor after every use to get rid of water that collects in the bottom of it.

Good luck.

I'm a big fan of Badger Pro Series & Sata brushes. Whatever you get, master it thru trial, error and practice. Any great brush that is sporadically used will make a person average at best. Learn its quirks, limits and practice strokes & volume every day and you'll become very good w/in a yr. Best of luck and enjoy.