Husky

What's tipping?

On a late late night fishing show, there was mention about "Tipping" lures, I believe for Walleye fishing. By the time I opened my eyes they just were switching from showing the lure to a fishing scene.

So, what's Tipping, please.

The same thing you do to cows after they go to sleep. Or what I may do every now and then. :halo:

With Berkley Power Bait paying for many show sponsorships, they were probably tipping them with little pieces of a power bait product cut small and placed on the rear hook (sales pitch is 100x the sent of live bait). The show I saw said to use a very small piece of power bait so you don't reduce the action of the bait.

Now about show sponsors. How many of you have had a fish hold onto a Strike King 3X bait for more than 2 or 3 seconds. Only time the new plastics have worked for me is when the reaction strike is working and then I still have set the hook very fast. Bill Dance.... He could throw a turd with a hook in it at that point and still catch a 5 pounder (I still like his show). B.A.S.S.... Why does Zona and Jerry continue to tell us the Pro is fishing with a Sponsors bait that looks like what they are really throwing. Examples are Jeff Thompson's and Tim Hughes H&T bait that was called a Bagley. When VanDam won 3 in a row on a Rogue, it was reported as a KVD Wild Shiner till they did the close up on the 3rd day at the Classic (Davy Hite also let the cat out of the bag on the second day). Sponsors?:nono: Like women Can't live with them can't live with out them.

You may also use a dead minnow attached to some hooks and wires, instead of a jerkbait. They call it "mortmanie" in French, because the inventor is a french guy - Albert Drachkovitch.

I have 2 links in French, but the pictures show what this is about:

http://www.alliancepeche.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=709&mode=thread

http://www.carnavenir.com/articles/mort_manie.htm