CHUCKV309

Createx color

I need to make a custom color and I was never in art class, so I don't know the best way to make it. I need a medium to dark brown that is opaque. Createx does not offer it, so I need to mix it. I know I will have to play with the amounts, but what colors should I use?:worship:

Thanks,

Chuck

I haven't tried Longballs method yet so I don't know if that will work.

I think your wife is right. The green and red should work. Brown is a tough one to mix and that is why they sell the different shades of brown like it is a primary color. Green is the combination of blue and yellow and the red is the third primary color. When you mix all 3 together it turns into a muddy color and that should get you where you want to be. Like your wife said just add drops till it gets you there.

Some might tell you to go buy a different brand of the brown you want but I think mixing will help you learn a lot about paining and you will like it better in the end.

Good Luck

here is the verdict guys. I just mixed both colors with createx brown. Here is how it went.

Transparent brown + blue = a brown that looks like a melted hershey bar. (Will get dark quick)

Transparent brown + green = a brown that has a yellowish tint to it, which is why your wife told you to bring some red to mix with it.

I thought of the green after I posted the blue but they will both take you to the same end. Too much blue and you get blackish while the green is more forgiving. Rule to mixing though is start light and mix in with small drops as in a 90/10 ratio till you get the tint you want.