whteglve

Where to start?

I am not an expert, but I have found that basswood with its close grain to be about the easiest would to carve and shape. it is also a very firm wood and for bass cranks, there is no need to worry about thru wiring. On the upper right hand corner of this page, do a search on "crankbait making" you will get lots of information from previous posts and questions. This TU site has been invaluable to me I think there is an expert on TU for every phase of crank making. A word of warning, building cranks is a very addicting hobby. I have been at it for 8 months now and it is all that I think about. At work or home, its constantly on my mind.

Good Luck and enjoy,

John

I guess different browsers show different stuff and I don't see the link JBlaze mentions. Alternatively, click on the Forum button at the top of the page, then scroll down to the bottom and click on Member Submitted Tutorials. If nothing comes up, go to the "Display Options" box and change the time period searched from 100 days to "beginning". There are 36 tutorials, many on making crankbaits - have fun!

p.s. - the site crashed a few months ago and the accompanying photos for most of the tutorials were lost. But you can still get a good idea of the basic steps if you read the descriptions.