I was going to start a new topic but saw this one. I have used Dead On Plastic for my swim baits with no problems. I recently tried their finesse floating formula. When I poured it, it was like water, super thin. The plastic just poured out of the injector as I tried to get it to the molds. It took an exceptionally long time to set and was very messy and sticky. I had severe flashing problems. It got everywhere when I was trying to clean up. I did the following prior to the pour:
- poured it into a bucket and mixed it thoroughly with a paint mixer
- heated it to 360 degrees, after mixing and with a digital thermometer
- I never really noticed the plastic "turn over"
- checked that there was no packed plastic on the bottom of the jug
- after hours of curing in cold water the baits are firm and not tacky
Is this because of the finesse or floating plastic? I know that Dead On hardens at lower temps but I can't really work with it as is. Any suggestions are appreciated as well as recommendations for other plastics. Thanks in advance,