Triton Mike

Air brush experts (Hughesy, blackjack or anyone...)

I jumped ship and bought a Passche Dual action brush and a air compressor today and take my bait making to the next step :). I have the v1 tip in the airbrush and I am using Createx paint. I am getting 30psi according to the compressor (w/filter and the works). My paint is coming out spotty when it hits the bait almost like spitting instead of a nice spray effect like out of a spray can. IT does have some spray but some spitting as well?? I also notice I have a little bit of air coming out at the top of the brush seems like it is where the dual action button is. Is this normal??? Be gentle and talk in redneck terms so I can understand what yo sayin :). Createx a quality paint?? Does it need straining?? Thanks for the help!!

T Mike

bucca1@aol.com

I am by no means an expert but, I will try to

help you out.

Are you sure the needle is all the way into the tip

before starting?? There is a adjusting nut under

the handle that allows the trigger to slide up the

needle to control the amount of paint. Most people

spray with the handle removed so they may quickly

adjust the the amount of paint.

Air pressure sounds a little high to me, try 18-22 lbs.

Does the tip match the needle?? Each needle has a separate

tip.

Do you have a water filter in the air line?? Compressor air

is warm and condenses in the hose as it cools.

Is everything good and clean??

Hope this helps you out some.

Coley

There is this cap cone like thing with a small hole in the tip which I thought was part of the air brush but it pops off. ONce I removed the cap my problems were solved :) Boy do I have a long way to go :). wheww. Hughsey I've been still kicking around here and there and getting back into bait making for myself. Glad to see you on all the boards as well!! Keep painting them pretty baits bud!!

T Mike

Mike,

Like you said you have that cone shapped cap on the end of the gun. That is just there to protect the tip of the needle. But I am sure you understand that by now. Any way, what Coley has suggested is good stuff. Take that red back off of the gun and learn to shoot with it off. This will allow you to adjust the needle as you shoot if you need to. I would shoot with the #3 tip. It is a good all around tip. However, Createx should shoot fine with the #1 if you prefer. But you will probably have to clean the tip more often. Personally I don't care for Createx. It is thin and you cannot make more than a pass or two or it will run and blow across your work. I have heard good things about their auto air paint. I have not tried it yet. I am having trouble finding it locally. Good luck and let us know how it is going.

Skeeter