bassinjody

bomber reproduction

7 posts in this topic

i just repainted one of my grandpas old bomber lures .and i was wonndering if you can still find them metal lips . i know you can turn the body on a lathe . those old lures has a great action .100_0600.jpg

Great repaint. The old wooden ones were the best. I've still got one I retired many years ago that had most of the paint ripped off by pike. Forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder & link, too.

I bought some orange 1/8 inch acrylic plastic i was going to make those with, using a wood body and painted like a crab in bright orange / red, and only one hook at the top to save on snags but i havent got to that yet. I bought a huge one with a thick sheet metal lip that was hand made and it worked great on red snappers in costa rica >

Something to consider when reproducing a bomber with a plastic diving bill! They made a plastic diving plane bomber in 1949 only 1 yr, apparently the didn't fish well. Since the weight of a bomber is in the metal diving plane it might be difficult to reproduce the action with a plastic diving plane. But might be worth a try!