saint308

Selling Laminates

I decided up front not to charge extra for special pours or laminates. Also decided that there would be no minumum bags required.

The main reason was that I like do the more challenging pours. Sure they take a little longer but they also further your abilities and make you look at other color possibilities.

You will also see that those that request the multi-color pours will be interested in some green pumpkin or junebug and will order a few more bags of baits on that side as well.

Have fun Saint!!

Jim

I liked the idea of charging the same and putting one or two less per pack. However, for this customer I charge by the bait because he buys in bulk. Generally 100 baits in 4 different colors at a time. So basically 400 toads at a time. Therefore, packaging one or two less will not work. Saint.

Darkman,

A laminate is when the top half of the bait is one color and the bottom is a different color. A lot of soft plastic jerk baits are like this. Also, stickbaits are being made like this as well. Yamamoto has a red shad laminate with a red bottom and a black top (he has others as well, this is just an example)

It looks cool. Honestly, that's the only advantage I see with them. Most baits look more natural when you pour a laminate. Also, you can get some nice color combinations that you can't find at your local bait shop.

Eric

You have to let the first color cool a little so it doesn't run when you put the 2 parts of the mold back together.(sticks) Then you pour the second color with the mold tilted about 60 degrees. The second color has to be hot enough to bond to the first color.

This process is much more time consuming than pouring one color baits.

www.novalures.com