LaPala

Guess the Lure

Lp is right its a Nilsmaster Bidgee 8 cm

tuned right its a killer on brown trouts &rainbows here

weetad off & you go nuts over this lure &how easy it can make a mess of your line

Named after Murrumbidgee in south eastern Australia, at one time the invincible was easily the most popular lure in northern oz and the bidgee ended up despatched downunder in an attempt to conquer the south.

Well, I happen to know both Jack and Squat when it comes to lures, who made what, etc., so here is a random one I found. Manufacturer and model, I guess, seeing as I don't know the name of the color.

guessmefr9.jpg

Sorry, I know its a small picture, but its the best I could come up with. If its too small I will try to get a different pic or will just post a different lure.

StoneCoal has the company (Creek Chub), but the wrong lure. If its any help, this is considered a rare model and it was released in 1919, I believe. That is according to the website where I found it, so I have no idea if it is right or not. A hint is to look at the types of hooks and the way they are oriented.

Too much info give LOL

creek6.jpg

The Open Mouth Weedless, later called Open Mouth Shiner, was introduced in 1919. As far as I can tell, this very rare blue introductory box was made only that year. This is the rarest of all the Creek Chub "intro" boxes. The Creek Chub Open Mouth Weedless lures were designed to be weed proof by virtue of long-shanked double hooks that faced backwards and would drag over snags without hanging. Open Mouth Weedless lures are hard to find.[/b']

StoneCoal has it. Probably could google it pretty easy with the info I gave. Oh well, I think the quicker people guess them the better off this thread will be, and I think its a great thread, so lets keep it going.

Lapala, I did at least upload the picture myself and crop it so someone couldn't just copy the image location and figure it out that way :)