LaPala

Guess the Lure

410 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of taking my short boxed to a Hulihee ...hee ha ha ho snicker snicker. That way I could start every day with a belly laugh as soon as I looked in the mirror...

:)

Lp is right its a Nilsmaster Bidgee 8 cm

tuned right its a killer on brown trouts &rainbows here

weetad off & you go nuts over this lure &how easy it can make a mess of your line

Named after Murrumbidgee in south eastern Australia, at one time the invincible was easily the most popular lure in northern oz and the bidgee ended up despatched downunder in an attempt to conquer the south.

Hmm, I'm going to say Reaction Innovations Method Crank in craw, orange splat craw to be specific (I will admit I had to look up the exact name of the color)

Well, I happen to know both Jack and Squat when it comes to lures, who made what, etc., so here is a random one I found. Manufacturer and model, I guess, seeing as I don't know the name of the color.

guessmefr9.jpg

Sorry, I know its a small picture, but its the best I could come up with. If its too small I will try to get a different pic or will just post a different lure.

StoneCoal has the company (Creek Chub), but the wrong lure. If its any help, this is considered a rare model and it was released in 1919, I believe. That is according to the website where I found it, so I have no idea if it is right or not. A hint is to look at the types of hooks and the way they are oriented.

Too much info give LOL

creek6.jpg

The Open Mouth Weedless, later called Open Mouth Shiner, was introduced in 1919. As far as I can tell, this very rare blue introductory box was made only that year. This is the rarest of all the Creek Chub "intro" boxes. The Creek Chub Open Mouth Weedless lures were designed to be weed proof by virtue of long-shanked double hooks that faced backwards and would drag over snags without hanging. Open Mouth Weedless lures are hard to find.[/b']

StoneCoal has it. Probably could google it pretty easy with the info I gave. Oh well, I think the quicker people guess them the better off this thread will be, and I think its a great thread, so lets keep it going.

Lapala, I did at least upload the picture myself and crop it so someone couldn't just copy the image location and figure it out that way :)

Okay, waiting for ya StoneCoal.

SmokeyJ, check my image location, it's photobucket :D Just using the original image link be stealing that guys bandwidth, not recommended (I've put a link to credit where the pic came from, only civil)

Oh, yeah, didn't really think about it that way. I figured since it was just for a friendly little game of "guess the lure" it wouldn't be a big deal, but you're right.

Lapala, just checked out Photobucket site, you have some delicious lures/carvings there. pete

Thanks Pete, back at ya mate. Click on my signature, that's my actual gallery :) photobucket is more for web postings.

Okay, here is one I grabbed out of my vintage collection. It should be pretty easy so I'm asking for lure name, maker and color. Go ahead and give yourself an extra pat on the back if you can tell us what they call this type of line tie. Great thread Lapala, thanks for starting this!Guessthelure1-1.jpg