tubinator

Tubes for a newbie

At the top of the forum is a sticky called " Don't for newbies". Within that stick is the following post with URL's to popular sources for supplies.

There are other good tidbits in there too that will help you get started.

Read all 3 stickies at the top of the forum.

Dave

I have been working on a book that is loaded with pictures and short movies,that covers all I have learned in twenty years of tube dipping,and there is nothing left out.60 still photos a hour and a half of movies.Everything you ever wanted to know about horizontal tube dipping is there.Tools where to get them,how to make them,ect,ect.

You will know when the book is ready,because I will ADVERTISE it on this site first.I'm about finished.Just checking for errors.

We (LureCraft) have tube molds but they are not made for high production by any means but if you call us in about 3 weeks we will have tube dippers. They will be a new item in the 2008 catalog and will work in either size Lee Melting pot or other heating device that is the same diameter or larger than the Lee pots. We are adding LOTS of new items in the 2008 catalog which will be mailed sometime in January. I may start adding some of it to the web site sooner than that so keep your eyes on the new item section in our web site.

Adding a "lot of salt" may not be the best way to go.....salt added to the plastic when melting will make the tubes tear up more easily as well as adding weight. You may want to try this........after making regular tubes to your size and color preferences, simply soak the finished tubes in a saltwater brine for a week or so after production. The saltwater will penetrate the plastic itself and will leave a flavor impregnated in the plastic itself. Just a thought.

We (LureCraft) have tube molds but they are not made for high production by any means but if you call us in about 3 weeks we will have tube dippers. They will be a new item in the 2008 catalog and will work in either size Lee Melting pot or other heating device that is the same diameter or larger than the Lee pots. We are adding LOTS of new items in the 2008 catalog which will be mailed sometime in January. I may start adding some of it to the web site sooner than that so keep your eyes on the new item section in our web site.

Kim - are the new catalogs ready?