Alman

Free Sliding Chain Swivel

Hi there to all, I've been reading about crank baits and lures, my main doubts where about lip size lengt, width, and the angle, those are allready covered, but I read someting about hunting lures, and this term (free sliding chain swivel) is not clear to me, to say more I'm not familiar with it, so my question is:

How does a free sliding chain swivel works, and how it is used on the lure?

Better yet , how can I use a slide chain sliding swivel, and how does it go on the lure to make it work?.

hope you can help me out.

Saludos

Manuel

yup thats it!! the j plugs, some link took me to their web page and I read it there.

If you use a rubber band does it work? is that the only way to make ir run difrent?(the lure that is).

I imagined some other mecanical thing or a rig of some kind, that changes the position of the linkage and maked a kind of ransom colocation, thus making the lure movement "hunt"

Thanks to all for your reply

Manuel

This setup is used when trolling & the rubberband should be as tight as it can be to hold line at place in up to 2 knots in speed .It changes the action dramatically & when fish strikes it releases from the rubberband & lets you fight the fish with less drag than with the tow eye placed high

Swede /Alman- Have you tried these, they come in 118 colors, dynamite on rainbows/browns here (I think I must have every color !!) 13gm model is the most popular, cast or trolled. pete

http://www.wigstonslures.com.au/#

Woooo that thing realy moves!!!, I've never tried it, mabe I get my hands on one of those:) or.... make someting similar lol.

In the video its troled at fast speed, does it move the same in spinning or casting reel speeds?.

thanks for the info.

Manuel

Alman-They have been making these for about 50 years. They have a good casting weight and you do not need a quick retrieve speed, troll at about 4-5 Km/h or faster (you can tell by the rod tip). Because they are all lead and plastic and heavy (and inexpensive) the fish tend to be able head shake and throw them, there is a rig which minimises this, I will try and post it tonight (I'm supposed to be working now). pete

Alman-They have been making these for about 50 years. They have a good casting weight and you do not need a quick retrieve speed, troll at about 4-5 Km/h or faster (you can tell by the rod tip). Because they are all lead and plastic and heavy (and inexpensive) the fish tend to be able head shake and throw them, there is a rig which minimises this, I will try and post it tonight (I'm supposed to be working now). pete

thanks for the rig.

I didn't know about those lures, I'm kind of taking back fishing activities again since a loong, long, loooong, time, lets say I know the basics about lures but I'm not familiar with all of them.

I used to fish by hand, just the line 50 lb, a weight,a hook and bait, wen I was younger, my grandpa tought me, I realy enjoy'ed those moments, not just the fishing part but being able to spend some time with him.

He tought me to fish with a rod too, we used spoons most of the time ( home made ones), we got realy big snapers and snook, I think thats the name, and sabalos, down in Veracruz, but in those days (back 25 years or so) you could catch real monsters from shore, or rocks or in the river, now its harder, you have to go in open sea to catch them.

well thanks again.

saludos!!!

manuel