scottkehl1282

Jann's Netcraft Bodies

They (Jann's) sell them without paint on them, they make good practice fodder, and look like the original baits, but that's where the similarity ends.

If you're looking for something to practice on, the bodies they sell are about the best selection, if you want a certain bait with your scheme on it, try to find some used bodies, or find them on sale.

I actualyl like the Janns bodies. The pointer knockoffs, anyway. I've caught a lot fo fish on them. They susepnd just as well as the real thing, they just need a different water temp. The main difference, IMO, is the sound of the rattle. Liek I said, I've caught a ton of fish on them. The first time I used them was in april this year, I probably caught 30 fish on them just in the spring, and I'm sure plenty more to come this fall.

Surely the issue of water getting into the bait is not Jann's fault. We're the ones responsible for sealing.

The ones we're talking about are the plastic ones, I personally never had water get into them, or have anyone complaint about it, so until I have problems with t, I'm going to keep using them.

The ones that I was mainly having problems with were the ones that were already painted. I do agree that if I were to order the unpainted ones and paint them and then put my two part clear coat on them it should seal any holes in the bait. But if the baits are supposted to be sealed from the factory when they are glued together. They are the best looking lure bodies on the market right now and I have caught fish on them and wil continue to use them. You can't beet the price comparied to Lucky Craft. I will take a few sinkers.

Yes, they will sink with number 4 hooks. Put number 6 hooks and light split rings and they will suspend. The painted ones paint will come off easily, but you can clear coat with a light coat of Devcon. I have not fished these baits, but fixed some up for a co-worker of mine. When I tested the baits before clear coating they sank with number 4's. The number 6's, devcon clear coat and light split rings and they suspended. He catches a lot of fish on these, even when they sank! I am going to our test pond this week and will give you a report on action compared to the Lucky Craft. The pond has a high boat dock and clear water, so we can watch the action of various baits we test.

Steve

Went to Lake X today and tested them. The action is good and with the right hooks they suspend just fine. Tested both the small and large ones. For the money I think they are a good buy and you can paint your own colors.

Gambler, that is an excellent paint job. What airbrush model do you use?

Steve