Traybird

shooting glitter

13 posts in this topic

What is the best gun for this. Ive heard siphon feed is good.How easily will it shoot if you use ultra fine glitter?Is there a good iwata gun for this?

Thanks

I shoot automotive pearls in clear coat with no problemo. Automotive pearls are very fine though but give awesome effects.....;)

Oldthunder

EagleLures

Life is too short.....FISH HARD!!!

If your are applying automotive or solvent base, With the smaller flake and pearls you can suspend them in lacquer thinner enough to shoot. The idea is that you can shoot the pearls and flakes without the extra clearcoat build-up.

Thanx for that tip McDano. I did not know that. That's what I love about this site, you learn something new everyday.....:yay:

Oldthunder

EagleLures

Life is too short.....FISH HARD!!!

Another option. Put glitter in the first coat of 2 Ton epoxy. When dry coat again with just epoxy. Wa La!!!

we shoot glitter from components systens. it goes thru the 3 tip on a paashe just fine. if your are using glitter remember to put a couple ball bearings and shake frequently

Paasche makes a gun to shoot glitter. I dont remember the #. Holds a 3 oz. jar I think. I used a marble in mine to keep the glitter suspended.

I don't do volume production so find the cheap bottles of acrylic glitter at hobby shops work just fine and have some advantages. There's a wide variety of colors and particle sizes, and it's cheap. I dilute it 50/50 with water and brush it on with a soft brush. The big advantage is controlling the amount and the exact placement of glitter on the lure. Too much or glitter where you don't want it? A swipe with a wet brush moves it or removes it. When you're happy, let it dry and you're ready for clearcoat.