bigbrown

airbrush

Could still be dirty. You said cup, not bottle, it's a gravity feed? Take it apart and clean it again. If you're using water-based paint, let it soak in a cup of hot water for a little while. While it's soaking, got o a pharmacy and get some little brushes designed for cleaning betwen your teeth. They're a very small round tapered brush with soft bristles. eGreat for cleaning your brush.

If your cup is bubbling the brush is partially stopped up where the internal mix takes place and at the nozzle. What happens is the air is not getting out of the nozzle like it should and its blowing back through the cup.

If you are using water based paints give it a good cleaning with regular Windex. Remove the nozzle and clean it good and look for dried paint in the nozzle and in the airbrush itself. It will build up over time and reduce the brushes capabilities until you notice it.

While painting I back flush the brush in-between colors with Windex. I add a little Windex in the cup and place a finger over the nozzle. Press the air and slowly pull back and the cup will bubble. Then I remove my finger and let the Windex spray through the brush. This does a good gob of getting the residue paint out of the cup.