jim45498

apply devcon

dip and swish them in acetone for a minute or two then dry them on a towel. Make sure after you dry them that all the epoxy is out.

Or you could just use cheap brushes and toss them. I like a nylon bristled brush. I don't know anything about paintbrushes, but as far as I can tell what I like is a medium stiffness brush. Make sure it won't shed bristles.

Thanks for the replys. I have been using a real soft artist brush and cleaning it in a cup with alcohol, then I pour the alcohol out and put in some fresh and let my brush soak until I need to coat another bait. So far it has worked. But I was wondering about the other ways. I like the idea of throw away brushes. Buying them by the 100 or more.

You guys are really good at this and I learn something new with every visit.

I use a testors model paint brush that I get at wall mart. It is about a dollar for one brush. It is the one with the metal sleeve holding the bristles. I take a paper towel and squeeze out the excess devcon. Then I put the brush in acetone to soak. When you take the brush out, give it another squeeze with a paper towel and either use it again or put it up. The bristles will seem hard once they dry. But you can just move them back and forth with your fingers and they will soften right up. I can usually do 30 baits with one brush before I have to toss it. You can still use the brush to coat jigs and stuff. But it eventually becomes to stiff to spread devcon smoothly.

Skeeter

I've tried Pelucid and Por-15 and both items in my opinion are very tempermental. Storage seems to be the main gripe. I know that certain methods have to be taken to get the extended shelf life but my fiance does'nt like that kind of stuff in the fridge....and I'm not going to dig a root cellar :nono: . My understanding is that is the best way to store it.

I switched to Dicknites a while back with encouragement from another member and after a prolonged test I'll stick with it.

All the experimenting over the yrs. has brought me to where I'm finally somewhat happy with my offerings :whistle: .

Just my opinion............Thanks Cuz