pikeman1

powder paint

I'm not sure how many you can get with 2 oz. probably 4-5 doz. Preheat the bait for about 5 seconds with a propane torch or something similar.

I have my powder in a medium container so I can dip the spinner bait in the powder paint for only a few seconds after heating, and then promptly tap off the excess on the side of the container. After you are done you should then place them in an oven for about 20 minutes at 350. I use a piece of 2x4 with holes for the unfinished spinner bait. They will then be bullet hard!...larry

Hey fellow Yooper!! Well I used to be a Yooper (still one at heart) but unfortunately my "real" job brought me to the lower penninsula.

You should be able to paint a couple hundred or more spinner baits with 2oz of paint. However it will get harder to dip them the more you do as you will have less and less paint to dip them in. You can also use a small paint brush to tap on the powder paint when you get closer to the end of your paint. Lead holds the heat well, but you should paint them quickly after heating them up. We use a toaster oven to preheat a bunch of jigs at once and them pull them out one by one to dip them in a fluid bed to paint. You can do the same with the spinner baits by placing them in the toaster oven on a pan. Check out our website at www.tjstackle.com and under the fluid bed section we have some videos that we put together to show the powder painting process. They may be able to help answer some of your questions. If you are interested in using a fluid bed to paint your spinner baits we have a 4 inch diameter fluid bed that will fit 1/2oz spinner baits. You will get some paint on the shaft that will clean off easily before you bake your jigs. If you have any other questions, I will be glad to help.

Benjamin

www.tjstackle.com