csob3

Printed name on back of lure?? HELP!!

Could be a water slide decal under the clear or over. There is another way that it is done that I am aware of. Hot foil used in conjuction with a vulcanising machine and typeset. Kingsley made a machine to print with hot foil on greeting cards, pens and about anything you get under the press. Check them out on ebay might work great for you. Could be a military type stencil also Creek Chub lures used military stencils early on, and the foil later. I am sure there are other ways also, that I am unaware of. That someone else might come along with

Can someone help me here. There was a website posted awhile ago, from a college I think, that had an excellent selection of baitfish pictures on it that could be used for this purpose. Does anyone remember it? I did a search but cannot find it....:?

Oldthunder

Life

I saved this one and use it from time to time for reference:

http://www.wiscfish.org/fishid/wFrmWisconsinFishList.aspx

Go to www.decalconnection.com. They do all my waterslides for the rods I build and are very reasonable. They can print you up an entire sheet and you can cut them out as needed. All you have to do if you only want text and no graphics, is go into word type up what you want...size, font, etc. and send it to them. They can also do graphics for an additional charge, or at least initial charge, but I am not familiar with it. I get all mine in metalic silver or metalic gold. They also sell micro set and micro sol for applying the decals, but it is not needed. Pretty much all I do is dip the decal in water for five seconds and apply. You will have to put a basecoat of clear down first before applying the decal (or it will be cloudy underneath) and then top coat. Waterslides are far superior to peel and stick because they are so much thinner and the corners do not generaly lift after applying the top coat. They also will give you a little time to slide around and adjust as needed if your careful. You will not need a fixatif with these unless you print your own decals on waterslide paper with an ink jet. Also, if you do print your own unless you have a special printer, the ink will fade as it is not UV resistant...so I understand anyway. If you really want some in depth info on waterslides, go to www.rodbuilding.org and do a search. Hope this helps ya.

TJww.decalconnection.com