woodsac

Rago Trout

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Generic Trout? It is made by Jerry Rago, of Independence, CA. At one time he made a 'hard' version of the trout that sold for $99.99. He was unable to produce enough to meet the demand!! He pours a 3D 7.5 inch swimbait that has had great success. Well, here is a look at his new hard trout. I imagine it will sale for somewhere around the $100+ mark. I know he takes great pride in his work. His baits have produced Bass over the 18 pound mark!

I need to make a correction. The picture above is the hard version of the mold for the new bait :oops: Still looks good! The name of the new bait is 'Live Trout'.

The picture is the 'Generic Deadstick'. Jerry said he's been working on it for about 2 months, putting in up to 16 hour days to get it right. Here's a pic of last years 'Generic Trout' that has done so well.

i wanted to bring back this post back from a while ago because i have seen this bait ( the hard trout) or a bait identical to it just with hinges on sdfish.com and on the soft bait forum here and people are saying that a man named Mr. Tool makes these baits and i thought they looked like Jerry Rago's baits and was just wondering are these Mr. Rago's baits or Mr. Tools baits?

That's cool. The trout looks similar to many of the decoys that have been made by spear fisherman trying to lure pike to within range through the ice. What is the new "hard lure" made of? Does it sink, does it float, are the fins flexible? I would think something this large may be prove difficult to get a natural looking motion into particularly if it is not jointed.

Jed