• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Vodkaman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts
Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

LKN. Congratulations on a fine looking bait and it swims too.

So how did you distribute the ballast in the end to achieve the swim?

Have the bass had a chance to check it out yet?

#22 Matt Moreau

Matt Moreau

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:59 AM

No i have only thrown it in a pool as the epoxy wasnt cured on saturday. I have a tournament this Sat coming up and i might try it for a bit there.

But as for the Ballast..... I dont have a scale so all this was trial and error... but i would say that 50% of the total ballast went on the head as close to the rear hinge as i could make it. in the mid section i put 30% as close to the front hinge as i could. and the tail got 20% as close to the front hinge... It falls perfectally horizontall with a wobble much like a senko or stick bait. But i do need a little more weight in the nose because on a mid to fast retreive it comes up too fast. on a real slow retrieve it will stay about 5ft down. I will try to take a video on thursday as i have school on tue and wed. tonight is homework night!

So here is a simple fishy...the left is the nose under i have the ballast locations;

^ = ballast
* = Hooks

I am going to try another replica only because i want to move the weight in the head all the way forward. I think this will keep it stationary and only the mid and tail will move. Right now it swims with a "S" motion and Wobbles a bit (I like it).

When i measured the model to be copied it had dimensions like this(if i remember correctly)... Head was about 43% total length, Mid was about 24% and the tail was about 33%.