captsully18

swimbait tubes

That's why I really respect you guys who are making these swim tubes. Not only do they look great, but y'all are figuring out a way to make them swim really well too. That was always a problem that I had when making swimbaits. 2 or 3 would swim great, and the next couple would roll in the water. Never could find any decent consistency.

Haven't tried 'em on fish yet, but have tank and pool tested 'em and they swim just as well as the best. Have to wait couple more days to find out how the fish think they swim. Will get back with their answer. ;)

Tubeman, thanks for lookin' so closely. You are right, the tail is just a tad thinner than basstrix, but on the ones that I have water tested the tail has not folded up. I am hoping that the rest are consistant. Only time will tell. Appreciate your comments.

You guys are greatest. This is how all of us are able to succeed. Thanks.

David

Great, mine did at first because the tail was too thin and the plastic was a tad soft. One thing I noticed is Calhoun (which I use exclusively for all my baits) is it's not the best in terms of staying clear after a couple of hours in the pot. I also have to use 4 dips (for one swimbait) as its fairly thick compared to Lurecraft or MF. You could easily do five layers with a thinner flowing plastisol, which would give more flexibilty to show your artistic merits.

I'm officially in the game now. I've been using Ozark without and additives. I think it is what I'm looking for as far as hardness goes. I've been doing 4 dips, varying depending on my base color. I'm curious as to if any of the mold makers have made a mold for these. Anyway, the results I'm getting regarding cosmetic appearance are phenominal. These baits are really pretty and it is amazing something like that can be made in my garage.