wookie72940

I am new here

Wookie...Welcome to the fascinating, mindboggling, aggravating world of baitmaking for starters. Wood should'nt be too hard to find around your area without having to drive too far........unless you're just wanting to take a drive.???

Balsa, Basswood ,cedar should all be available in your part of the world. Just hunt yourself down a hobby store and pull out the plastic and have at it.

Feel free to use the search system to look up any ??? you may have. If you cant find it there or if something is unclear just ask... there is lots of exceptional talent here more than willing to share a little info with you.

Have fun and welcome again

HD

http://www.nationalbalsa.com/prod_type.htm

Welcome to the site. You can find some woods like cedar or pine at your local home center. If you want to order online, above is one source for balsa and basswood. There are other sources if you do a search on Google, etc. I found it easier to start out with a hardwood like basswood. You're more prone to make irreversable mistakes on a soft wood like balsa. Basswood is easy to work and its tight even grain sands beautifully.

Hi Wookie

I dont know the situation around you but here in the UK hard woods can be sourced from furniture manufacturers who make soft upholstered furniture with frames. They always have offcuts of hard woods which are a real pain for them to dispose of and they are generally only too pleased to unload them onto someone. Look through a local trade directory, there is bound to be someone in your immediate area and give em a call, they can only say yes or no :) .

philB