hazmail

Micro Through Wire Construction

#Part 2

Either use a tenon saw, hack saw, band saw, circular saw, whatever rocks your bait, I use a very fine circular saw blade, hooked up to a sewing machine motor, because the slot is very fine @ 1mm wide. For some of these bigger lures you could use an adze and as long as it is square, finish up with a great job. Whatever you use, square the blade to the lure or use a set square to draw a line. I use jigs for about three different lip angles (and for just about everything I make).

Lip slot and harness grooves are done and it is all pinned together and coincidentally, if you normally place the lip in before you start painting, you have a nice centre line to eyeball with.

You should now be ready to sand the lure to shape

Good morning, its Melbourne Cup Day here (MAJOR horse race) so it is a public holiday. I should have gone fishing as the weather is perfect here, and I am assuming when the sun rises there on Wednesday (in 17 hours time) it will be a beautiful there too

nice tutorial..you may want to try going straight through with the wire and instead of creating a "hook hanger" for your first hook in the middle of the lure, add a double barrell swivel through the wire and add your hook to that. I usually cut my hooks in the eye and solder onto the barrell swivel. The hook would rotate 360 degrees and it makes it harder for the fish to throw that hook anyway!

Benji

• Like 1