heavycover

Airbrush

I can't speak about the quality but JMHO, if this is to be your only airbrush, you may find the .2 MM tip is too fine. My .2 MM Iwata HP is great for detail work but not for basecoating colors all over a bait. I think an airbrush with .35 MM or larger tip would be better for all-around crankbait painting.

Thanks BJ, we have some mutual friends, Chris Tilton and Judd. My link above was a mistake and the sprayer I'm actually getting is a .3mm. My wife ordered it for me before I did any research so nowe I'm just trying to figure out whats coming. Airbrush City has another model that I'm thinking about trading in on because it has an adjustable airflow below the well. Its going to be hard not to try it out this weekend if it gets here though.

:) You have good choices in friends. :) Those are two great individuals... and good fishermen too.

In my old age, I didn't make the heavycover connection (duh)... Man I love your site... I have heard nothing but great things about your spinnerbaits....... I have come close to ordering on several occasions.... I think I just got a little closer........ :yes::)

I think you will like the GD100.

I just purchased an Iwata Eclipse gravity feed for my own Christmas present (I had a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby)... I can't wait to try it and compare. I leave for Alabama late tomorrow and will be back Monday night... I hope to try it out next week..... I am trying to convince the wife to wrap the empty box....... ;)

Alex,

I finally got to use the Iwata... Both airbrushes operate very smooth and spray well. Unlike the GD 100, the Iwata does not have the fine tune knob (stop) at the end so you have to stop it on your own. I am not good enough with it yet to trust myself... so if I have to do any fine lines, I go back to the GD 100. Right now I would rate them both about equal with the GD 100 a bit easier to use. BUT... with time and practice I can easily see the reverse...... Sorry I didn't have a more clear cut answer.......

BJ