b75nweav

Airbrush paint question.

Ok, here's my question. I've been using a cheap-o airbrush city airbrush for a while now and it sprayed about 98 percent of my acrylics just fine, I got used to thinning it just right for that airbrush and no problems. Well I decided to buy a capital 2006gf which I love, but having a little problem, I can spray pearl white just fine thinning it just like I did in my old airbrush but just about all my other pearls are clogging, I tried thinning them more and more but if you thin too much, well you know what you get. It has a .2mm needle is that too small for pearls? I cant understand why white works and nothing else? Createx is the same way, never had to thin it with my other airbrush, but it clogs this one.

I've never owned a .2 but with my .3 it's tough to shoot pearls without thinning which IMO kinda kills the effect of the pearls so I try not to thin them if I don't have to. Just from what I've read most guy's shooting that small are using solvent based paints,maybe somebody else can chime in with some experience with one that small:)

I also use a larger tip airbrush to shoot thick stuff like thinned hobby paints, thick pearls, and color basecoats. It's faster and easier, when all is said and done. I reserve the .2mm gun for details and shading. I don't think there's any "trick" way to do all acrylics with a .2mm airbrush unless you're a lot more patient than I am.