BJBarron

Shallow Flat Maxx (Green/Metallic Gold)

One of my favorite crankbait colors is metallic gold. It is hard to find that color. So here is what happened. I was at work I noticed that a can I've we been working went from shiny silver to gold a switch went off in my head. I went out to my car and pulled out my crome cranks (all my fishing stuff stays in my car:teef: ). I got my Bandit Shallow Flat Maxx Black/Crome & Blue/Crome. I diped and they changed to Black/Gold & Green/Gold.:drool:

I just toght I would share that with you guys.

FlatMaxxGreenMatGold3.jpg

FlatMaxxGreenMatGold2.jpg

FlatMaxxGreenMatGold.jpg

BJ. Looks like a very successful process, that I am sure many members would like to check out.

Is it possible for you to post more information about the dye, such as product name, manufacturer, maybe a link to the product. What method do you use? How long does the process take? Is the stuff safe? Any and all information would be very useful and welcome.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

You can spray a Chrome bait with Spike-it or Lake Hawk aerosol worm die and get the same effects. The colors will fade over time if left out in the sun.

462-152-01.jpgThe garlic sent will go away long before the color. It is mostly acetone and the color will etch into the surface of the bait just like lacquer paint. I don't think painting or topcoating over it works. It doesn't scratch off but it will fade over a long period of time.

If you have a large enough bottle you can dip it or use the markers but the spray works the best.

Sorry for the long wait but I had to talk with some guys at work. They decided it would not be safe to use for fishing. The chemicals just are to harsh. So I destroyed the cranks. To bad i thought i was on to something. Better luck next time.

I dont buy it.You think the big tackle companies worry about that stuff? The epoxies,lead,plastics,etc.....Do your thing,then coat with epoxy.What harm could it do?I would research it further.

Braveviper,

I understand BJ's dilemma. His company would legally be liable if he gave out a chemical that's potentially harmful to the environment. No one can afford to stick their necks out that far, not in today's fairytale world, where someone in Glendale, Ca, can be fined $350,000 for trimming their trees because the Glendale Fire Dept. said they had to. That story was in the L.A. Times a couple of days ago.

It's just nuts out there.