griffo

spinnerbait paint

I have a few questions about the types of paint that other people are using to do thier spinnerbaits with as i normally make hard bodys & have just ordered a few spinnerbait moulds of stamina & all the components to make tandem , twin & quad spinnerbaits i also have x2 air brushes a IWATA HP_CS that i use for AUTO 2PAC + a PAASHEE VL that i use for the CREATEX paints that i use for painting those HBs i make

Do you have to use a PRIMER / SEALER before applying a base colour ?

With powder paint would it be OK to apply detail using a 2pac paint system has any body or any one doing this & what are the results like ?

The GLITTER look how is that achieved ,could i use a MICA flake that is used in the auto paints ?

Also could i add a medium grade round glitter that they use in crafts & can it be added to 2t devcon or would the colour leech from the glitter or should it all be in the clear coats before the devcon goes on ?

thanks for the help

Here's how I have done it for many years. Soon after pouring heads (1)paint with White Vinyl Lure & Jig Paint. (Lead will oxidize if left unpainted for more than a day or two) Then I (2) do all the detailing of the heads, I.E. orange throat, red gills, dark back, pearl belly, etc.etc. (3) Add 3-D eyes, (4) Clear coat with 2 ton epoxy with glitter mixed in. (I use the glitter from Jann's) (5) another coat of 2 ton, done. Any kind of paint that will work in your airbrush will work for details.

You can get as fancy or as plain as you want. Good luck.

Griffo...I put some glitter in the devcon when I brush on the epoxy. I use powder paint so I have no clue about airbrushing.

I had trouble finding epoxy here in Korea, but had a Korean friend look it up on the internet and was able to order it. It costs a bit more than folks are getting it in the States, but it is awesome.

If I can get it here, I assume you can probably find it there.

Shawn

Griffo...I put some glitter in the devcon when I brush on the epoxy. I use powder paint so I have no clue about airbrushing.

I had trouble finding epoxy here in Korea, but had a Korean friend look it up on the internet and was able to order it. It costs a bit more than folks are getting it in the States, but it is awesome.

If I can get it here, I assume you can probably find it there.

Shawn

Can't you order it through the PX?

Allen