Brad S

Banjo Minnos

Banjo Minnos and the ever popular......Helicopter lure, which I believe was a Roland Martins idea, should both be placed in the Got-Cha Hall of Fame. laugh.gif

Don't knock the got cha ......... a buddy of mine will outfish everyone with 1 of those ........ made me a believer ..... also ....... the 1 that glides backwards I think it's the flying lure works REALLY well too ........ was watching the  trout fishing around a pond and nobody was catching using flies, worms and power bait.  So a guy walks up with 1 of those and everybody starts laughing and ribbing him .......... 20 minutes later he left with his limit ....... in open water too ......... the Helicopter lure ....... now that's a joke .........

Im 7 or 8 yrs late on this topic - in case anyone is looking - my daughter bought me the big set of Banjo Lures about 10 yrs ago for a gift occasion. She was so proud of herself of course I had to fish it. I didn't fish it in freshwater though - I threw the Banjo lures all sizes and colors in saltwater from a bridge in my community - caught short stripers and had a ball. Truth is as others have suggested, its really just another soft plastic and any worm or fluke had I thrown them would have caught the same fish - but the Banjo lure does work - the down side I believe is the need to buy more eyes, mainly because you only get a few with the sets and then you have to go to their website and pay thru the roof to get more weighted eyes - sure you can hook them onto jigs heads etc and bypass the need for the eyes... to the inventors credit he replied to my emails in person back in the day when I wrote to report getting stripers on the Banjo Minnow.

I've used the Banjo and this is an effective lure.  Pretty unique idea, and the rubber band weedless contraption will get you through the slop when chasing down them bucketmouths around the veggies.  The downside of the design in my opinion is you do have to get fussy with it and adjust every couple casts, and after a few hits those minnows dont present very well.  I'd have to agree that the idea for the design can be jury rigged pretty easily with gear we already have in the kit and a few rubber bands from the office.  It'd work pretty good with a rubber worm, really get that bait waggling.

Sadly all my Banjo stuff got ripped off at a boat launch back in 03 (never walk away from your tackle!) and I never replaced it.  But these are effective baits and the design idea can carry across to your own rigging a bit cheaper.  Theres my 2 cents.