Big-D

BIG jigs

Big-D, Do it actually made the Weedless Sparkie Jig in sizes that big. It was the JKS-1091F. They were making it till about 2001. It made 3/4, 1, and 1 1/2 ounce sizes. I have one and it's great.

I'd check with Barlows or any of the big Do-It dealers and I'd bet one of them has one lying around. In fact, call Do-It and they may still have one even if it's not in the catalog any more.

I've seen them on e-Bay too. I almost bought another one a couple months ago.

Let me know if you find one because I have a couple other sources I could check.

Big-D, Do it actually made the Weedless Sparkie Jig in sizes that big. It was the JKS-1091F. They were making it till about 2001. It made 3/4, 1, and 1 1/2 ounce sizes. I have one and it's great.

I'd check with Barlows or any of the big Do-It dealers and I'd bet one of them has one lying around. In fact, call Do-It and they may still have one even if it's not in the catalog any more.

I've seen them on e-Bay too. I almost bought another one a couple months ago.

Let me know if you find one because I have a couple other sources I could check.

Thanks PC. I found one at Zeiner's Bass Shop - 737 S. Washington #6 - Wichita, KS 67211 . Will that mold accept a Mustad 32786 without too much difficulty?

Big-D

Guys,

Thank you, very much for sharing. I ordered one from Zeiner's as well. I had great season with Cobra Jig. Many pike were caught using Gamakatsu Cobra jig this summer and fall (I bought them at Janns. Here is the link:

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/flipping-jig-heads/345476.aspx

Unfortunately, Gamakatsu doesn't have bigger sizes. I also tried Esox Cobra Jig:

http://store.ebait.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ECMag&Category_Code=Salt&Store_Code=baitrigs

They are good, but price is way too high, in my opinion. Next, I thought about custom mold. Contacted S.Collins. His price was 200$ per mold. Kind of expensive for me at this time. I did couple molds from plaster of Paris. It worked, but after 20-25 jigs, the mold crushed and quality was not as good as from standard mold.

It seems, this mold is just perfect solution for my needs.

Thank you, again.

Regards, PSV

I get a lot of Do-its on eBay. Put a search for "mold" under the sporting goods>fishing category in your browser "favorites" section and check it every 2-3 days max. Don't specify the model# or name in your search parameters because many sellers don't list them in title or description. Advise that if you really want a mold you might need to pay more than current new prices if the mold is discontinued and in demand.

Hey Big-D,

Nothing on Ebay so far. I think, I'm going to buy regular Sparkie mold and make jigs weedlless by myself. I also do jigs for personal use only. I'm also thinking about Poison Tail mold. Model PTJ-3-AFM. 3/4 & 1oz will work for me. What do you think ?

http://www.barlowstackle.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=6&Product_ID=2516&CATID=59

Regards, PSV

I have entertained the same thought... if I drilled out the recessed eyes I might gain a quarter ounce or so. Still not sold on the wide gap hook though- the angle of the hook point and the weedguard seem all wrong. I've been toying with playdough and a 5o 32786 Mustad to get a master for a water putty mold. Still holding out for a while on the weedless sparkie.

-D