philB

Does white have less pigment ???

I can't speak for Createx white but Translatex sells Cover White that is highly pigmented and meant for white basecoating. Many hobby acrylic whites (eg, Apple Barrel flat White) are also highly pigmented and are good base whites if you have an airbrush that can shoot them. The flat white Apple Barrel sprays well thru a Badger 175 and when dried with a hair dryer, turns from shiny to dull white, so it's easy to tell when it's dry. Cheap too!

Hi Bob & Jim

I think you may have a point there Bob, I think acrylics like createx ect are designed as a top coat and not an undercoat. It would be interesting to hear what everyone is using as an undercoat and what colour undercoat they use.

philB

I have a supply of pure white pigments (titanium white). White is very heavy and almost 2X heavier than some of the other pure pigments. If the pigments used are the same or similar to what I have, being heavier they would tend to settle out in the bottom of a bottle faster and be harder to mix. Try mixing your white a lot more than you do with your others. I think this could solve your problem.

Just something to try.