Boone

Spots on Cranks

11 posts in this topic

Boone    0

Just wondering what most of you are using to place spots on shad crankbaits ... Airbrushing or Hole Punching black tape ???

Thanks Boone:)

blackjack    7

For years I have always just dotted the spot with round piece of steel stock, as of late I have started spraying the dot and to be honest I think the sprayed dot looks more realistic

BobP    808

I think paint looks better. I use different size holes cut in an old credit card for a stencil because I get nervous freehanding the very last bit of paint that goes on a lure!

quick20xd    0

I've tried to freehand the shad dots, but I wasn't very consistant on the size. (guess I need some practice). So I reverted back to a stencil. I use a plastic drafting guide with circles and a drill bit sizing card as a stencil.

Mags    0

I've tried both spraying black lacquer (instant dry) with a stencil and using the head of a nail with paint on the end. I like the nail better because it is faster and gives me an acceptable result. The sprayed dot is more perfect, but I don't think the fish or my customers care.

Steve

Boone    0

Thanks Guys for your help ...Have any of you used Black electrical tape with a hole punch ..Makes a very nice dot then clear coat...Boone