bassky

How to make American Shad color

Lucky Craft American Shad is a highly reflective holographic foil finish. I think you can get close but not holographic and not with the exacting detail of the LC version. Foil overall; silver belly paint overshot with faint pink (aka transparent red) stripe; transparent yellow stripe on side (gold effect); faint pink transparent on shoulders, metallic blue back overshot with transparent brown; transparent orange/brown spot behind upper gill plate. The overall scheme is foil and the judicious use of transparent colors. If you check the Createx lineup, you'll find transparent acrylics that will probably fit the bill.

No, RJ, I agree the live (or recently live) pics I've seen are almost exclusively chrome color. I was just describing the Lucky Craft AS pattern, which has been one of their most popular. Don't know where LC got it but it probably isn't meant to be exactly lifelike. However, most fish vary considerably in coloration with the subspecies, water they live in, etc.